Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Frequent Asked Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Staff Member
Staff Member
Admin

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Frequent Asked Questions Empty
PostSubject: Frequent Asked Questions   Frequent Asked Questions Icon_minitimeTue 5 Aug - 15:04

INDEX:

1. User Preferences and settings.

a) How do I change my settings?
Quote :
All your settings (if you are registered) are stored in the database. To alter them click the *Profile link shown at the top of the page. This will allow you to change all your settings.
    b) What's an avatar?
Quote :
An avatar is a display picture you can show below your username, which will be automatically shown everytime you write a new comment, as well. This is an example:

Frequent Asked Questions Avatarraziel1ge7
    c) How do I upload an avatar?
Quote :
1- If you saved your avatar in your PC, go to your *Profile Settings & click the *Avatar link. Then, select avatar in the 'upload avatar from machine' gap.

2- If the avatar ain't saved in your computer but it is hosted in internet, click on the image using the right button of your mouse & then, click on properties. You'll have to copy the image link & paste it on the 'upload avatar from URL' gap.
    d) What's a banner?
Quote :
A banner is the display picture you can use a signature. It will be automatically shown below all your posts. This is an example:

Frequent Asked Questions 20k5d91
    e) How do I update my signature?
Quote :
Go to your *Profile settings. Then, click the *Signature link & change whatever you'd like to. Once you've finished, press *Save. If you'd like to post a picture in your signature, you'll have to paste the image url between these codes: " border="0" alt=""/>

f) How do I get the URL of an image?
Quote :
1- If the image is hosted in internet, click on the image using the right button of your mouse & then, click on properties. You'll have to copy the image link & paste it on the 'upload avatar from URL' gap.

2- If the image is saved in your PC, use websites such as *www.tinypic.com or *www.imageshack.us , upload 'em there & copy the URL you'll be given.

2. Posting Issues.

a) How do I post a topic in a forum?
Quote :
Click the relevant button on either the forum or topic screens. You may need to register before you can post a message.

b) How do I edit or delete a post?
Quote :
Unless you are the board admin or forum moderator you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post (sometimes for only a limited time after it was made) by clicking the edit button for the relevant post. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic that lists the number of times you edited it. This will only appear if someone has replied; it will not appear if moderators or administrators edit the post (they should leave a message saying what they altered and why, though). Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.
    c) How do I add a signature to my post?
Quote :
To add a signature to a post you must first create one; this is done via your *Profile Settings. Once created, you can check the *Add Signature box on the posting form to add your signature. You can also add a signature by default to all your posts by checking the appropriate radio box in your profile. You can still prevent a signature being added to individual posts by un-checking the add signature box on the posting form.
    d) How do I create a poll?
Quote :
When you post a new topic (or edit the first post of a topic, if you have permission) you should see a 'Add Poll' form below the main posting box (If you cannot see this then you probably do not have rights to create polls). You should enter a title for the poll and then at least two options. You can also set a time limit for the poll (0 being an infinite amount). There will be a limit to the number of options you can list, which is set by the board administrator(s).

Feel free to contact any of the staff members concerning issues with this forum. However, we suggest you check the *Whole F.A.Q Section before asking again.
Back to top Go down
http://gorey-ie.sosblog.com

Frequent Asked Questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Gorey.ie - The Site :: F.A.Q-
Jump to: